Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice carrot side dish.
Make and share this Sesame Glazed Carrots recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Boil/steam sliced carrots until just tender; drain.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, brown sugar, butter, sesame seeds, lemon juice and salt to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat.
- Add hot cooked carrot slices and stir until evenly coated. Serve.
I used baby carrots that were washed and then microwaved them until tender in place of steaming and used Splenda's brown sugar blend for the brown sugar. These are lightly sweet and dellicious.