Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's a recipe I modified from one of those Reynolds foil ads. It's quick and healthy. Whatever you do (unless you know you don't like it!), don't leave out the fresh ginger. To me, it makes the recipe! Add brown or white rice, soy sauce for a condiment, and you have a meal!
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 cup sliced mushroom
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets (frozen would work, but thaw and drain before using)
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated, minced fresh ginger or 1⁄2 teaspoon grated, minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- Preheat grill to med-high or oven to 450 degrees.
- Use either foil cooking bags, or pieces of aluminum foil to make a cooking pouch.
- Add shrimp and vegetables, top with garlic, ginger and oil.
- To grill: Place foil pouch on grill rack, cook for 15-20 minutes, or until shrimp is no longer pink.
- To bake in oven: Place pouch in cake pan or cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until shrimp is no longer pink.
Excellent flavor! Super easy to make and clean up is a breeze. I served it over cauliflower rice and my husband raved. We'll be having this again!
Super easy and no clean up! We halved this - next time I might add a splash of soy sauce and also make sure the ingredients are mixed so the garlic and ginger are evenly distributed. DH is diabetic and he said: "It's great to have a meal that fills up the whole plate!" We had this with a side of brown rice.
Great! I halved it, but kept the ginger and sesame oil the full size. I also mixed them and the garlic before pouring them on to get a slight infusion... I recommend putting just a few drops of water in the bottom amid the veggies so that the steam and then take the top off in the end or cut it open to brown the shrimp... that is my preference- like scampi! Enjoy <3