Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This salmon recipe was a last-minute, busy weeknight success. These succulent salmon filets are lightly flavored with sesame oil and a hint of ginger, soy sauce, garlic and onion. Serve with your choice of rice and a steamed veggie, and you have a tasty healthy dinner.
- 4 salmon fillets, skin-free
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium-low heat.
- Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil onto each filet and rub onto all sides. Then drizzle 1 teaspoon soy sauce onto each filet and repeat.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, ginger, paprika and black pepper. Sprinkle evenly onto all sides of each filet.
- Allow to marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Just before grilling, carefully apply olive oil to grill rack via paper towel or grill brush.
- Grill salmon for 5-7 minutes on each side (depending on filet thickness--thinner filets will take less time to cook through) or until cooked through. Try to only turn the filets once to prevent the fish from breaking apart.
- Remove to a serving platter and enjoy!