Recipe by Miss Erin C.
I made this up last night and it was great! We served it as a side with some fish, but I could eat this as a meal in itself.
Top Review by Michelle W.
This was a very nice meal and wasn't too hard to make. I also added some salt & pepper for a bit of extra flavour and tried the ground ginger instead. It turned out fine & my whole family liked it. It was a nice light dish and I think it would go well for a hot summer day. It was pretty easy to make too. I enjoyed it! TNX ~Michelle~
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup broccoli floret, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan bring 1-1/4 cups of water to a boil.
- Stir in couscous and cover, remove from heat, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat, add onions, ginger, carrots and broccoli.
- Cook 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir into prepared couscous.
- Add sesame oil and soy sauce and toss.