Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I made this up last night and it was great! We served it as a side with some fish, but I could eat this as a meal in itself.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup broccoli floret, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a medium saucepan bring 1-1/4 cups of water to a boil.
- Stir in couscous and cover, remove from heat, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat, add onions, ginger, carrots and broccoli.
- Cook 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir into prepared couscous.
- Add sesame oil and soy sauce and toss.
This was a very nice meal and wasn't too hard to make. I also added some salt & pepper for a bit of extra flavour and tried the ground ginger instead. It turned out fine & my whole family liked it. It was a nice light dish and I think it would go well for a hot summer day. It was pretty easy to make too. I enjoyed it! TNX ~Michelle~
This is a wonderful dish! I added 2 cloves of fresh minced garlic and some salt and pepper. I didn't have fresh ginger so I used dried ground ginger. Next time, I think I will add some shrimp or chicken to make this a main dish! Thanks, Miss Erin! ~Manda
Simple and tasty. I sliced the carrots thinly instead of dicing them, and didn't chop the broccoli florets. The crispness of the veggies in contrast with the "doneness" of the couscous was great! I also sprinkled some salt and pepper at the end, and had this with fresh yogurt for a lovely lunch!