Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Haven't tried this yet but it sounds tasty.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 inches piece gingerroot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, plus
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine or 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 lbs chicken drummettes or 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 heads broccoli
- vegetable oil or sesame oil
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, chile flakes, molasses, maple syrup, wine and sesame seeds in a large bowl. Add the chicken chicken and thoroughly in the soy mixture. Allow to marinate briefly while you prepare the broccoli.
- Chop broccoli into 1 by 2 Inch florets. In a large bowl, toss in enough vegetable oil to coat. Salt to taste and spread out on a baking sheet.
- Using tongs to leave the marinade behind, spread the chicken on a foil lined pan. Place chicken in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until browned on the bottom. Add broccoli pan to oven, turning after 12 minutes and coking until tender. Cook the chicken an additional 12-15 minutes or until thick parts are throughly cooked.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the cilantro and serve the broccoli over rice.