1/3 Photos of Sesame Ginger Brussels Sprouts
MA HIKER's Note:
I LOVE Brussels sprouts! I usually roast them with garlic, olive oil and sea salt. This recipes sounds wonderful - from June 2007 GH. Haven't tried it yet but will this fall when they are back in season.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim stems and any yellow leaves from Brussels sprouts. Cut each sprout lengthwise into quarters.
- 2In a cup, stir together soy sauce, grated ginger and sesame oil.
- 3Meanwhile, in nonstick 12-inch skillet heat olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion and cook about 5 minutes or until it begins to soften, stirring occasionally.
- 4Increase heat to medium high, add Brussels sprouts and water; cover and cook about 5 minutes or until sprouts are beginning to soften and brown, stirring once.
- 5Remove cover from skillet and cook about 5 minutes longer or until sprouts are tender-crisp, stirring frequently. Remove skillet from heat; stir in soy sauce mixture.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Ginger Brussels Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.0
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 267.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g