Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have had this recipe forever but have not made it. It looks yummy!
- 2 (10 ounce) containers Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- Trim stems and any yellow leaves from Brussels sprouts. Cut each sprout lengthwise into quarters. In cup, stir together soy sauce, grated ginger, and sesame oil.
- Meanwhile, in nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion and cook about 5 mintues or until it begins to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium-high; add Brussels sprouts and water; cover and cook about 5 minutes or until sprouts are beginning to soften and brown, stirring once. Remove cover from skillet and cook about 5 minutes longer or until sprouts are tender-crisp, stirring frequently. Remove skillte from heat; stir in a soy sauce mixture.
Another winning recipe for one of my favorite veggies! I loved this. I made it as written, but just added some garlic and I garnished with sesame seeds (that was a nice touch- and it fit the title). This a great way to add an asian touch to sprouts. Thanx for sharing!