Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Asian flavor all the way! Pass the extra sauce to serve with the chicken.
- 1⁄3 cup plum sauce or 1⁄3 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon Asian chili sauce (depending on how hot you like it) or 3 -5 dashes bottled hot pepper sauce (depending on how hot you like it)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- For sauce, in a small saucepan combine all of the ingredients except the chicken. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring frequently, reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Grill chicken on the lightly greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning once and brushing with sauce once or twice during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
- In a small saucepan heat the remaining sauce until bubbly, pass with chicken.
- Note: Boneless, skinless chicken thighs can also be used.