Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
BHG Dinnertime Express
- 1⁄3 cup bottled plum sauce or 1⁄3 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame seeds (toasted, if desired)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Asian chili sauce or 3 -5 dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- 6 small boneless chicken breast halves (about 1.5 pounds total) or 6 small chicken thighs (about 1.5 pounds total)
- For sauce, in a small combine all of the ingredients except the chicken. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring frequently; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for three minutes. Set aside.
- Grill chicken on lightly-greased rack of uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 12–15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once and brushing once or twice with sauce during the last five minutes of grilling.
- In a small saucepan, heat the remaining sauce until bubbly to pour over chicken.