The ginger and sesame adds an asiatic flavor to the asparagus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet, heat 1 cup water to boiling over high heat.
- 2Add asparagus, heat to boiling.
- 3Reduce heat to medium once it boils.
- 4Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until asparagus is tender-crisp.
- 5Drain the asparagus in a colander, the nimmediately plunge into a large bowl of ice water to stop it from cooking. Drain the asparagus from the ice water.
- 6Carely wipe skillet dry with paper towels. Add canola oil, heat it over high heat until hot. Add the asparagus, ginger, soy sauce and crushed red pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes or just until asparagus is heated through.
- 7Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in sesame seeds and sesame oil. Coat thoroughly.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Ginger Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.6
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 174.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 4.4 g