Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This is so yummy. The longer you marinade the more flavor you'll get
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon heaping chili-garlic sauce
- 8 garlic cloves
- 4 sirloin steaks
- 1 bunch chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 lb linguine, cooked al dente
- mix first 5 ingrediants together and place 1/2 the marinade with steaks in a gallon size zip lock bag.
- Reserve the other 1/2 for noodles.
- Marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Heat broiler, place steaks on broiler pan brushing 1/2 of the marinade from the bag over the steaks.
- Broil 4-6 inches from the heat. Broiling 8-10 minutes for medium rare or till desired doneness, turning only once and brushing the other side with the other 1/2 of marinade from the bag.
- Place the reserved marinade that was not used with the steaks in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Place hot cooked noodles on top and toss till well coated.
- After steaks have been allowed to rest for a minute slice into strips and place over noodles.
- Sprinkle with cilantro green onions and sesame seeds.
Delicious and easy! And since you marinate the steaks early in the day, it goes together in a flash at dinnertime. Used the grill to cook the steaks. Chili-garlic sauce does not make this overly spicy. I love Jude's suggestion of adding a few veggies and will try that, too. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I scaled this recipe down to 2 steaks and used spaghetti, this recipe really needs no changes at all, it's great as is, lot of spice just the way we like it, DH and myself enjoyed this for dinner tonight, thanks homegirl, great steak recipe!... Kitten
This was excellent, with all the flavors that my husband and I love. I cut down a bit on the chili-garlic sauce and the garlic to appease my husband's sensitive stomach. I put it together this morning so it marinated about 10 hours and I used 2 rib-eye steaks but kept the same amount of marinade. I made this after work, so the 1/2 of the reserved marinade was cold and I warmed it a bit in the microwave before mixing with the noodles. Also, when I mixed the marinade with the noodles, I added in some steamed peapods and mushrooms, to make it a one-dish meal (after work friendly!!). It was great, I added lots of cilantro to my portion because I love that stuff. Thanks homegirl for a great recipe :)