Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like to keep a container of this in my fridge during the holidays, when I inevitably have unexpected guests. It keeps for a week and is quick and easy to make. Adapted from a Sunset cookbook.
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese or 1⁄2 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- assorted raw vegetables
- In a small frying pan over medium heat, toast sesame seeds, shaking pan often, until golden (about 2 minutes); remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; beat in ricotta, parsley, garlic salt and sesame seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to a week but before serving, let stand at room temperature until softened (about 30 minutes).
- Mound in a small serving bowl and serve with veggies.
I am reviewing this without stars for I do not know what went wrong as when I made it and put it in the fridge it was fine and tasted really good but when I took it out 24 hours later and left on the table for the 30 minutes it had gone to a liquid mix, the only thing I can think of is I did use a very low fat cream cheese and a smooth ricotta cheese otherwise made exactly as per recipe. UPDATE tried serving it straight out of the refrigerator (divided it into 2 pots and served the second once the first was finished) and all was eaten up with crackers, thank you Hey Jude in the end it turned out great.