1/2 Photos of Sesame Garlic Broccoli S-C-J
Nana Lee's Note:
"There's something about the mixture of toasted sesame seeds and garlic that makes this broccoli, well, poetic! Though we created it especially to complement our Sweet and Sour Mango Shrimp, it's the perfect side dish for almost any Asian-style fish or meat. Because the broccoli is steamed rather than sautéed, the fat content is extremely low. If you limit how much sauce you drizzle over it, you can reduce the calories even more."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Spread the sesame seeds in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- 3Bake in the oven for 12 minutes until fragrant and golden brown.
- 4When done, remove from hot pan into medium bowl to stop cooking.
- 5Mix the chopped garlic, sesame oil, chili sauce, and soy sauce.
- 6Using a vegetable peeler, peel the stalks of broccoli.
- 7Quarter the broccoli stalks lengthwise.
- 8Steam the broccoli in a vegetable steamer over water until it reaches desired tenderness.
- 9*If you like broccoli a little crunchy, steam for about 2 minutes.
- 10Remove broccoli and place in serving bowl.
- 11Drizzle the sauce over it and mix well.
- 12Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- 14This vegetable dish keeps well and is delicious cold. Keep it airtight in your refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Garlic Broccoli S-C-J
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.9
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 356.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 4.9 g