Recipe by Serah B.
When I was pregnant several summers ago, I loved this light, cool salad. It is meant to be a side dish for 4-6, but my husband and I ate it as a main dish for 2. Cook time does not include 15 minutes marinating time.
Top Review by nemokitty
I halved this recipe for lunch today and we liked it. It was a different way to use cucumbers. I used peanut butter instead of tahini and added salt and pepper. Thanks for posting.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 green pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel cucumbers and quarter lengthwise. Slice into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Combine cucumbers, green pepper, onion and garbanzo beans in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix oil and tahini thoroughly.
- Add oil/tahini and vinegar to the vegetables. Mix well.
- Let sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes. Serve.