Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
When I was pregnant several summers ago, I loved this light, cool salad. It is meant to be a side dish for 4-6, but my husband and I ate it as a main dish for 2. Cook time does not include 15 minutes marinating time.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 green pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- Peel cucumbers and quarter lengthwise. Slice into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Combine cucumbers, green pepper, onion and garbanzo beans in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix oil and tahini thoroughly.
- Add oil/tahini and vinegar to the vegetables. Mix well.
- Let sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes. Serve.
I halved this recipe for lunch today and we liked it. It was a different way to use cucumbers. I used peanut butter instead of tahini and added salt and pepper. Thanks for posting.
I found that this was good. I think there is too much dressing though. I will be adding this as a snack at work so I can put more healthy veggies and beans in the good ole diet. Thanks!
Nice salad. Served it to six people one person really liked it's fresh taste but the other five said it was ok but not worth repeating.