Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Since I'm allergic to sesame, I had to come up with my own version of this classic recipe. This is also a great starting place for dip experimentation. You can add sun dried tomatoes, capers, artichokes, just about anything. 1 tsp of basil flavored olive oil or pesto will work in place of basil essence.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil spice essence
- 1⁄2 cup cashew pieces
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- Combine 1/4 cup olive oil and cashew pieces in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Add more olive oil if necessary.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, blend until smooth.
- May be served right away, or refrigerated for later.