Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another one of our families favorites, it's delicious. Cook time does not include marinating time. Try this you'll like it!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks, do not substitute
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped scallion
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- With tines of fork prick steak on both sides.
- Combine remaining ingredients except water and cornstarch.
- Place marinade and steak in a resealable bag, squeezing out excess air.
- Close bag.
- Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight turning occasionally.
- When ready to cook remove steak from marinade, pour reserved marinade in saucepan.
- Preheat broiler, place steak on rack in broiler pan.
- Broil 4-5" from heat source 6 minutes on each side.
- Combine cold water and cornstarch mix with reserved marinade bring to a boil stirring constantly, serve with steak.