Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of the few kinds of breading that I care for - I added sesame oil to this recipe to bring out more flavor.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 4 fish steaks
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- Combine egg with milk and sesame oil.
- Combine breadcrumbs with sesame seeds.
- Dredge fish in flour, then dip in egg, then in crumbs.
- Cook the fish in melted butter.
This is one of the most wonderful recipes for fish steaks. Quick and simple, but presents elegantly. I did have a small change, because I didn't have enough bread crumbs, so filled it out with wheat germ. OMG. Tonight I fixed tuna steaks, and I am already planning on what type of fish to have next. This will be eaten for years to come. Thnx for posting.