Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I always get the request from friends especially Ness Diwa to prepare this dish for dinner. He used to say "Please cook "that" fish dish as I initially didn't know what to call it. It's one of my quick and easy 'there's an unexpected guest' preparations!
- 500 g hamour fillet or 500 g sea bream or 500 g red snapper
- egg white
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 bunch spring onions or 1 bunch scallion
- salt and pepper
- Wash fillets of fish ( after which, I prefer keeping them in a little amount of milk to remove "fishyness") Pat dry and dip in beaten eggwhite and cornstarch. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons corn oil and pan fry fillets for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add oyster sauce and 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch dispersed in 1/2 cup water. Stir in sesame oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with julienne of spring onions or scallions.
- Serve with hot rice.