Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Just like English muffins, this bread is best when sliced and toasted. The baking soda contributes to the traditional coarse texture. Enjoy.
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- This recipe makes 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- Add the ingredients according to manufactures directions.
- Select basic white bread cycle.
I didn't get the traditional coarse texture, but it was fantastic any way. I used 2 Tbsp additional sesame seeds, and think I'll add another two next time. Great bread, even if it was smooth textured. Next time I'll double the soda in hope of getting some holes to hold the butter.
This makes a very tasty loaf..I like the added sesame seeds..I had a slice with my soup for lunch..and will be toasting the rest for the mornings breakfast..thanks for sharing.
Absolutely fabulous Barb! We had some toasted with our fryup this morning. It had such a nutty healthy flavour. Tomorrow I will have it for breakfast with vegemite. I think it would also work well with cheese and onion toasties. Very good recipe, I will definitely make again.