1/2 Photos of Sesame Encrusted Chicken Breasts With Ginger-soy Sauce
Serve this on a bed of steamed rice or couscous. Be careful when browning the chicken, not to let it burn. That's why it's finished off in the oven. Enjoy this wonderful recipe from Cooking with Caprial-American Bistro Fare!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 6 ounces each
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F. For the chicken breasts, season chicken with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix sesame seeds and chile flakes and then dredge the chicken breasts in the mixture to coat them. Heat vegetable oil in a large saute pan until smoking hot. Add chicken brests and brown each side well, about 2 minutes per side.
- 2Remove chicken from pan and transfer to a baking pan. Bake for another 3 to 5 minutes until the chicken breasts are just cooked through.
- 3For the sauce,while the chicken breasts are baking, heat veg. oil in the same pan you removed them from. Add the garlic and gingerroot and saute until you can smell the aroma, 1 to 2 minutes over high heat. Add mirin wine and boil over high heat until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken stock and boil over high heat to reduce a bit, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4If the chicken breasts are finished cooking by this time, remove them from the oven and allow to stand. Add hoisin sauce and chile sauce to saute pan and bring to a boil. Season with sesame oil, basil, and soy sauce.
- 5Serve chicken breasts over steamed rice or couscous. Serve half of the sauce over the chicken and the remainder on the side. This will not be a very thick sauce; it is meant to be thin and light. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Encrusted Chicken Breasts With Ginger-soy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.3
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.4 mg
- Sodium 298.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 33.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Asian chili sauce