This intriguing salad is a great addition to any Asian or oriental meal. The dressing is sooooooo gooood that I'm having all the flavors in my mouth right now. This dressing would be great over noodles! Heck the dressing is so good I have also used to it marinate other vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, i like more
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian chili sauce, to taste
- 3 tablespoons minced or slivered green onions, including tops
- 1Place wok or skillet over high heat, when hot, add 2tbs oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- 2When hot but not smoking, about 1 minute, add eggplant, stir fry about 1 minute.
- 3Add water, or more as needed, and continue to stir-fry moving pan off and on the heat as necessary to prevent scorching, until water evaporates and eggplant is tender when pierced, about 5 minutes.
- 4Transfer to a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- 5Mix all dressing ingredients in a bowl, whisk to blend. Pour over cooled eggplant and toss to coat well.
- 6To serve, mound on a serving plate and garnish with onions.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Eggplant (Aubergine) Salad
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.3
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 507.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Asian chili sauce