Prep 20 mins
Cook 19 mins
I love eggplant, and this is an oven-fried treat. :-)
- 3⁄4 cup saltine crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Combine cracker crumbs, cheese, sesame seeds, and pepper.
- Spread eggplant slices with mayo on both sides.
- Coat with crumb mixture, and press crumbs into eggplant lightly to make sure they stick.
- Cut slices into quarters, to make 4 triangles.
- Place triangles on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400 F until bottoms are golden, about 10-12 minutes.
- Turn and then bake 5-7 minutes longer.
Simply delicious! I broiled it a little in the beginning just to brown it a bit. And when I was eating it, it soaked up some of the salad dressing on my plate (a vinaigrette) and the tart flavor was the perfect accompaniment. I also coated some chicken in the batter and that turned out great as well. Thanks!
Easy, Quick and Delicious!!! I love eggplant and this is wonderful. I served this with Inez's Sausage Creole and substituted this for the rice and it was the perfect match, it made an excellent meal!!!!
These are fabulous, even if you don't happen to have any sesame seeds on hand. I'm going to try using them in an eggplant parmasan recipe, so's to skip the frying step.