Recipe by Rainberry Blues
I love eggplant, and this is an oven-fried treat. :-)
Top Review by Marla Swoffer
Simply delicious! I broiled it a little in the beginning just to brown it a bit. And when I was eating it, it soaked up some of the salad dressing on my plate (a vinaigrette) and the tart flavor was the perfect accompaniment. I also coated some chicken in the batter and that turned out great as well. Thanks!
- 3⁄4 cup saltine crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cracker crumbs, cheese, sesame seeds, and pepper.
- Spread eggplant slices with mayo on both sides.
- Coat with crumb mixture, and press crumbs into eggplant lightly to make sure they stick.
- Cut slices into quarters, to make 4 triangles.
- Place triangles on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400 F until bottoms are golden, about 10-12 minutes.
- Turn and then bake 5-7 minutes longer.