Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Gourmet. June 1990.
- 6 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin, plus additional
- ground cumin, to taste
- 3 pita bread rounds
- In a small bowl stir together the oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cumin, and salt to taste. Halve the pita loaves horizontally to form 6 rounds and brush the rough sides of the rounds with the oil mixture.
- Cut each round into 3/4-inch triangles or squares, spread the triangles in a jelly-roll pan, and bake them in the middle of a preheated 350°F oven shaking the pan every 3 to 4 minutes, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they are golden.
- Toss the crisps with the additional cumin and salt to taste and let them cool. The crisps keep in an airtight container for 1 week. Serve the crisps as a topping for vegetable or tossed green salad.