Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
delish asian salad. goes well with any asian meal or dish.
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions, green part only
- 12 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cucumber, peeled seeded and 1/16 inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together vinegar, soy, tahini, sesame oil, and sugar.
- Drizzle in canola oil to emulsify.
- Toss with scallions, tofu, and cucumbers.
- Check for flavor.
- Plate salad and garnish with wedges of eggs.
This was good and the dressing is VERY tasty...it just needs something for flavor and color. It's a very bland-looking white and pale green. I loved the dressing so perhaps I'll try this again, adding some chopped red pepper.
Very special dressing - it complimented the solid ingredients perfectly. I used smoked tofu, pressed to remove excess moisture, and I deseeded the cucumber before slicing and salting. I also added 2oz sprouted green lentils and served it all in pitta pockets. Outstanding recipe!