Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This has a unique flavor and is an easy dish for a summer picnic. Great when the cukes are bursting out of the garden!
- 8 cups cucumbers (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place cucumbers in a colander, sprinkle with salt& toss.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Rinse cucumbers& drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the onions, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sesame seeds& cayenne.
- Add cucumbers& toss to coat.
- Cover& refrigerate until ready to serve.
My family liked this, and it was a great way to serve cucumbers without adding sugar. I *did* get the suspicious question "were cucumbers on sale?", but I swear it wasn't a complaint
This is delicious! Tastes very similar to the cucumbers at P.F. Changs!!!
These were yummy. I gave this 5 stars for my daughter who doesn't like cucumbers ate these and requested them again. Thanks