Recipe by kda949
I found this recipe while looking for a good Yellowtail recipe for some extra fish our neighbor gave up. It was really had to find one on the traditional websites! I found this one at http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Fish_and_Game_Recipes_C65/Fish_recipes_F116/Yellowtail_Recipes_P162066/ posted by TubeN2. It was so good that I wanted to post it here so that I would not loose it. This would be good with any firm mild fish.
- 2 -4 yellowtail fish fillets
- flour (for dredging)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 -4 tablespoons water
Sesame seed flour
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 -4 large shiitake mushroom caps, slices more if small
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine egg wash ingredients in a shallow bowl- whisk to combine.
- Toast sesame seeds (optional) in a frying pan over med heat until slightly brown and smelling good! Add to flour and place in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge fish in plain flour and shake excess off.
- Dip in egg wash.
- Dredge in sesame flour.
- Add oils to medium hot skillet. Add fillet and lightly brown both sides.
- Remove to a glass baking dish. When all the fish is browned Place in 400°F oven for 10-15 minutes to finish cooking.
- While fish is cooking in the oven, prepare sauce in the same skillet, adding more oil if needed.
- Sauté the garlic, ginger and shiitake mushrooms.
- Add the wine, stock, soy sauce and honey. Reduce by about 1/2, until it starts to thicken.
- Add scallions and finish by swirling in butter off the heat.
- Serve sauce over fillet.