Recipe by kfreekave
I tried this recipe tonight and it is wonderful!
Top Review by DDW
Excellent sauce. We had out-of-town company and together we picked the recipe. I have another favorite that has a wasabi butter sauce but decided to try this one because it doesn't have the butter. I used black sesame seeds and we seared the tuna on the grill then drizzled with the sauce. Delish!
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons wasabi powder
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 24 ounces tuna steaks
- 5 tablespoons white and black sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk 1/2 cup water and wasabi powder in medium bowl to form smooth paste. Whisk in soy sauce, 2 tablespoons peanut oil, sherry, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Coat eachside of the tuna steaks with the sesame seeds.
- Heat 1 Tablespoons of peanut oil in a heavy skillet over high heat. Add tuna and sear until opaque in center, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove Tuna from skillet and add sauce. Reduce saude until thick. Pour sauce over tuna or serve on the side.