Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Sesame Crusted Tuna
- 300 g tuna
- 30 g sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon wasabi
- 15 ml soy sauce
- 75 ml water
- 2 cm ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Mix 1/2tsp of wasabi paste with 75ml water and leave to thicken.
- Pour the sesame seeds onto a clean, dry plate and spread out evenly.
- Coat the tuna steak with the wasabi paste and press both sides onto the sesame seeds.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and pan fry the tuna steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side. The tuna should be pink in the middle. (Tuna steaks very in size and thickness, alter cooking times accordingly).
- Remove tuna steaks from pan and place onto a warm plate.
- Add the soy sauce, chopped ginger, brown sugar and water to the pan.
- Boil for 1 1/2-2 minutes to reduce the sauce by half.
- Pour the glaze over the tuna steaks and serve immediately.