1 hr 47 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Fun for a party. I would suggest making for your family first before you serve to guests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 swordfish steaks
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon basic Mexican seasoning
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup crushed buttery cracker
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
JALAPENO CREAM SAUCE
- 1In small bowl or food processor, combine vinegar, 1/4 C olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, minced onion, and mexican seasoning. Place swordfish steaks in flat baking dish and cover with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 2While fish is marinating, prepare sesame crumb mixture and cream sauce. In medium bowl combine cracker crumbs, sesame seeds, and salt and set aside.
- 3In medium pan saute garlic, onion, and jalapenos until onion is transparent over medium heat. Transfer to blender or food processor. Add vinegar and beans to blender and process until mixture is smooth. Force sauce through strainer to remove seeds and skins.
- 4Return mixtyre to pan with remaining olive oil and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally until thickened. Add half and half to reach desired consistency and keep warm.
- 5Remove swordfish in egg mixture and turn to coat. In large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium high heat. Butter will tend to bubble. Once butter finishes bubbling, mix swordfish in sesame crumb mixture and place in skillet.
- 6Cook about 4 minutes on each side until crips and golden brown. Serve immediately and drizzle with jalapeno cream sauce and roaset red pepper strips.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Crusted Swordfish
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 980.9
- Calories from Fat 643
- Total Fat 71.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 192.8 mg
- Sodium 1992.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 44.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: