- 4 -6 salmon fillets, about 6 oz each, skinned
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Rub both sides with a little sesame oil and coat the fillets with sesame seeds.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet, preferably non-stick, over moderate heat until the oil shimmers.
- Place the salmon fillets in the skillet and cook without moving them until the bottoms are browned and the bottom half of the fillets are opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the fillets and cook, without moving them, until the flesh is opaque and firm to the touch, about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.