Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe was originally for Scallops, but DH is not fond of them (@#$#) So I sub. with cod. Recipe came from the food network, Surreal Gourmet. If I could get a hold of Skate...it would be great with this recipe!
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 12 pieces cod, 2 inch squares
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- In a small bowl add ginger, garlic, green onion, cilantro, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, soy, 1 tablespoon of canola oil. Whisk ingredients together.
- Season Cod with salt and pepper.
- Place sesame seeds on a plate. Pat down top and bottom side of each cod in sesame seeds.
- In a saute pan, over medium-high heat add remaining tablespoon oil. When oil is hot, add cod placing them sesame-crusted side down. Sear for approximately 1 minute, or until sesame seeds brown. Turn and sear on other sesame-crusted side for 1 more minute.
- Spoon vinaigrette on serving plate and place cod on top.