1/5 Photos of Sesame-Crusted Fish
A few years ago I attended a cooking class with Tony Mantuano, the owner-chef of Tuttaposto, then a very trendy restaurant in Chicago. This was one of the recipes he showed us. A fast and tasty dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 deg. F.
- 2Heat oil in a nonstick pan.
- 3Brush fillets with the egg whites and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Coat thickly on one side only with the sesame seeds.
- 5Saute in oil, seed side down, until golden brown.
- 6Place seed side up on a cornmeal sprinkled baking pan and bake at 400 deg. until done - this will depend on the thickness of your fillets, probably will take about 5 minutes.
- 7Or, you can just turn over and panfry until done.
- 8Note1: Chef recommended grouper or red snapper; I've made this also with tilapia.
- 9Note2: Baking is really handy if you are making a larger quantity - that way you can finish all the fillets at the same time.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame-Crusted Fish
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.6
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 45.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: