Sesame-Crusted Catfish With Sweet-And-Sour Sauce
- For the catfish, heat one inch of oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. While oil is heating, rinse catfish fillets and pat nearly dry with paper towels.
- Place sesame seeds in shallow dish. Press fillets into sesame seeds– Fully coat on both sides.
- Place fillets in the hot oil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until flaky- Drain on paper towels.
- Spoon sauce over fillets. Garnish with chopped green onions.
- For the sweet-and-sour sauce, in a mixing bowl combine and dissolve the first 5 ingredients and keep nearby.
- Heat a small but heavy saucepan over high heat until hot and then add the oil.
- When oil is hot, add the garlic and ginger and stir for 10 to 12 seconds- Do not brown.
- Add the bowl of liquids to the saucepan of garlic and ginger and heat until bubbling. Stir in the cornstarch mixture- Stir until sauce thickens.