Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Want something sweet, healthy, and a little different? The sesame seeds give a hint of nutty flavor and some unexpected texture! I like to mix additional sesame seeds and poppy seeds in the batter. Yum!
- 2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Prepare Sesame Crunch Topping by combining last 7 ingredients, set aside. Prep muffin cups.
- Combine bananas, milk, egg whites, oil and vanilla in large bowl. Combine oats, flours, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; stir into banana mixture until just moistened. Fill prepared muffin cups about 3/4 full. Sprinkle topping evenly over batter in each cup. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until golden on top and wooden toothpick insterted into center comes out clean. Cool slightly in pan before transferring to wire.
Yum! I feel so healthy - and these muffins taste good as well! The muffin part isn't too sweet, but the crunchy topping really makes it special. I can't tell the sesame seeds are in there, but the oats give it a nice, hearty texture. Thanks so much! I baked them at 350 for about 20 mminutes, and that seemed perfect.