My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the egg yolk with 1 teaspoon of water.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 4Prepare sesame seeds.
- 5Reserve 1/4 cup to garnish cookies, coarsely grind remaining seeds.
- 6Combine ground sesame seeds, sifted flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- 7In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- 8Add eggs one at a time and beat until smooth after each addition.
- 9Add vanilla and stir to combine.
- 10Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture a little at a time and mix until well combined.
- 11Dough will be moist and pull away from sides of the bowl.
- 12Dust a work surface with about 1/4 cup flour.
- 13Knead the dough to form a smooth ball.
- 14To shape each cookie, roll 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball.
- 15Press lightly with palm of your hand on cookie sheet.
- 16Place cookies 3 inches apart on cookie sheets; freeze for 20 minutes.
- 17Brush cookies with egg wash.
- 18Press reserved sesame seeds into dough.
- 19Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 20Remove and allow to cool.
- 21Store in airtight cookie tin for up to 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.1
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 23.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g