Prep 8 mins
Cook 8 mins
This lovely recipe was inspired from the tahini cookies recipe on epicurious.com, one of my favorite food sites. Below is my version, sans gluten and sugar. Here's the original post: http://www.elanaspantry.com/sesame-cookies/
- 1 1⁄4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄3 cup tahini (raw or roasted, though roasted will give more flavor)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds (hulled or unhulled -I used hulled)
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a smaller bowl, blend together agave, tahini, oil and vanilla.
- Blend the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Form the dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the sesame seeds.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and flatten.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes until lightly brown.
- Cool on baking sheet.