Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for a picnic, potluck or tailgate party.
- 59.14 ml Splenda sugar substitute (sugar substitute)
- 59.14 ml rice vinegar
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 medium napa cabbage, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 29.58 ml sesame seeds, toasted (for garnish)
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add cabbage, bell pepper, and onions, tossing to coat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
I got very creative with the veggies. I used regular green cabbage, red onions, jicama, radishes, etc. I did follow the directions to the letter on the dressing am glad I did. This salad is to die for! My husband loved it. Thanks for the memories.
So simple to make. I used fresh cilantro and green onions from my herb garden. At first, I thought I didn't have enough dressing, but as it "cured", the dressing definitely held the slaw together. I served this as a bed under grilled Oriental tuna. When plated, I sprinkled wasabi sauce over the tuna, and sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds. MY HUSBAND said, "WE couldn't get a better meal in a fancy restaurant." A winner!
Gotta agree with sugarpea and PaulaG here- TO DIE FOR! I followed the recipe just about exactly (we only used about 1/2 a bell pepper because it was a big one) and omitted the cilantro. SOOO yummy. BF is being a snob because its not a traditional cole slaw with mayo, but he loves it too. Mild but flavorful sesame flavor pairs amazingly with the crisp napa cabbage and the sweet peppers. The green onions are an important part too! Love, love, love it! Thanks for posting.