Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
For variety, you can make a cracker crumb coating for this chicken..or grill it instead of baking it. You can even serve the chicken in strips with a sauce so it becomes a fun finger food for dipping.
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup shortening, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups plum jam
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well.
- Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Seal or cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and sesame seeds.
- Dredge the chicken in the crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Combine butter and shortening; drizzle over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 F.
- for 35 to 40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan; heat through.
- Serve with the chicken.
- Yield: 6 servings.