Chicken in a simple sesame-lemon sauce. Using a lower sodium chicken broth, the dish can be healthy as well. Serve over a bed of hot cooked rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts with paper towels.
- 2Pour sesame oil onto a deep plate or into a shallow bowl and dredge chicken breast so both sides are coated with oil.
- 3Place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan, sprinkle with pepper and broil 4-5 inches from heat for about 5 minutes or until meat is cooked through and no longer pink.
- 4Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine chicken broth, scallions, sesame seed, lemon zest, lemon juice, and cornstarch.
- 5Cook and stir over low-medium heat until sauce becomes thickened and bubbly and transparent, then cook for 1 minute more.
- 6Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
- 7(If serving over rice, place chicken over rice before topping with sauce).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Chicken With Lemon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.2
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 136.8 mg
- Sodium 181.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 57.3 g