Recipe by Dragonfly AZ
From Atkins for Life Cookbook. This is a delicious, low-carb salad with an Asian flare. I have posted it as written, but I like to add chili oil to the dressing to give it a little kick. In the dressing, it is actually tamari sauce, but the program changes it to tamari soy sauce.
- 2⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless chicken breasts or 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons tamari soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups torn lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- For the chicken:.
- Heat oven to 350. Put sesame seeds on plate.
- Lightly beat egg, water and salt in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture, then press each side into sesame seeds to coat.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from skillet and place on baking sheet(or you can use an oven proof skillet).
- Place into oven and bake until cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then slice into strips.
- For the greens:.
- Puree all ingredients except lettuce in a blender until smooth.
- Toss greens with dressing and divide among plates.
- Top with chicken and serve.