Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here is another good chicken recipe.
Make and share this Sesame Chicken with Broccoli and Snow Peas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green onion
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh snow pea
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Prepare rice according to direction on package, omit salt.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Toast sesame seeds in 350F oven about 2 minutes or until light golden brown.
- In mixing bowl combine soy sauce, water, sugar, sesame seeds, ginger, garlic, and onions.
- Add chicken, coat thoroughly.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Place chicken and marinade in single layer in bottom of 8x8x2 inch baking pan.
- Broil 6 inches from heat about 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix in broccoli and snow peas.
- Continue broiling about 4 minutes or until vegetables are hot and crisp but tender.
- Serve immediately over hot rice.
NIce recipe...I had to feed more than three people, so I had to improvise on the quantities. That worked out fine; this is a forgiving recipe. I didn't have time to marinate the chicken but I don't think it changed the dish much. I liked the fact that no oil was used. Unfortunately, after being under the broiler for awhile, the chicken wasn't cooking uniformly, so I took it out and put it in the microwave for two minutes. I did add a sprinkle of crushed red pepper to the sauce, and used fresh grated ginger. I do recommend the recipe. Thanks.
This was very good! I used frozen broccoli and snow peas. I just boiled them for 10 minutes before draining them and then adding to chicken to broil. This will become a regular for my family.