Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Chicken wings, honey, soy sauce, and ketchup, along with 2 oils makes this a great snack, or dinner.
- 1360.77 g chicken wings, rinsed and cut at the joint
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 414.03 ml honey
- 236.59 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- toasted sesame seeds, for topping
- Rinse wings, and cut at the joint.
- Sprinkle with salt, and pepper, and place on a broiler pan.
- Broil 5 inches from the top, 10 minutes on each side, place wings in slow cooker.
- Mix`remaining ingredients, except sesame seeds, and pour over chicken.
- Cover, Cook on low for 5 hours, or on high for 2 1/2 hours.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over top just before serving.
I did use all the honey, but less soy and they were not overly sweet. I had to cook them in the oven because I broke my crockpot, grrrrr. Be aware that most of the sauce remains in the pot so the nutritional info is a bit skewed.
I cooked these on high an at 3 hours they were fall off the bone and full of flavour. But it was not until I was doing review that I realized I forgot the sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds on the wings but they were so delicious and the meat just melted of the bone. The only change for a 3-4 serve I used half the amount of honey called fall which di leave it with a more of soy taste but that suited us best for dietary reasons rather than an over sweet taste. Thank you weekebd cooker for another great crock pot/slow cooker recipe, made for Please Review My Recipe tag gme.