Recipe by weekend cooker
Chicken wings, honey, soy sauce, and ketchup, along with 2 oils makes this a great snack, or dinner.
Top Review by threeovens
I did use all the honey, but less soy and they were not overly sweet. I had to cook them in the oven because I broke my crockpot, grrrrr. Be aware that most of the sauce remains in the pot so the nutritional info is a bit skewed.
- 3 lbs chicken wings, rinsed and cut at the joint
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 3⁄4 cups honey
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- toasted sesame seeds, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse wings, and cut at the joint.
- Sprinkle with salt, and pepper, and place on a broiler pan.
- Broil 5 inches from the top, 10 minutes on each side, place wings in slow cooker.
- Mix`remaining ingredients, except sesame seeds, and pour over chicken.
- Cover, Cook on low for 5 hours, or on high for 2 1/2 hours.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over top just before serving.