Recipe by Boyz 5
Found this recipe in a magazine while waiting to have my son's eyes tested.
Top Review by I'mPat
Delicious moist tender chicken wings - I was only able to marinate for 2 hours and for the marinade I grated my ginger and garlic so just mixed the lot in the bowl in which I marinaded the chicken wings and then lined a shallow baking tray with baking paper and placed the wings directly on the paper and spooned some of the marinade onto the wings and baked at 175C fan forced for 45 minutes and spooned the remainder of the marinade over the wings half way through the baking process, by lining the tray with baking paper clean up was a breeze, thank you Boyz 5, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, combine the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic and ginger; blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Trim the tips off the wings and remove any excess skin or fat.
- Place trimmed wings in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag and add the mixture from the blender; marinate, refrigerated, for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. and arrange wings on a rack over a baking pan.
- Sprinkle with half of the sesame seeds and bake for 20 minutes, basting with a bit of marinade after 10 minutes; turn wings over, baste with the remaining marinade and sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds.
- Continue baking for another 25 minutes or until browned and sizzling.
- If you prefer crisper wings, pop wings under the broiler for a minute or two.