Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from a Pampered Chef book, and is a favorite in our home. I substitute the dressing with Newman's Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger salad dressing, and since I love garlic and ginger, I double or triple them.
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 inches gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- For dressing whisk all ingredients in a small bowl, or use Newman's Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger dressing.
- For salad, heat oil in skillet.
- Add chicken, carrots, garlic, gingerroot and sesame seeds.
- Stir-fry 4-5 minutes until chicken is done.
- Arrange spinach on plate, or platter.
- Top with green onions and pineapple and chicken mixture.
- Drizzle with dressing.
Not only did the whole family enjoy this recipe, my teenage son requested I put it on the regular rotation.
Loved it! This was so fast to make; if you have everything prepped, it's just five minutes until dinner! I wasn't sure how the hot stir fry would go on the cold greens but the dressing melds everything together into a warm and delicious dinner. I used the Newman's Low Fat Sesame Ginger dressing too-love it! I did the stir fry traditionally in a wok with peanut oil with the ginger and garlic first, then adding the meat and vegetables. I added a red pepper for more color. I'm not sure about the name; I know it's from Pampered Chef and not yours, but I think people expecting a traditional fried, flavorful sesame chicken would be disappointed - the chicken is really plain except for the salad dressing. Next time I will marinate it. For a dinner meal, this only serves three people - maybe four for lunch.