Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Inspired by the rich taste of sesame noodles.
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil or 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cup firm white breadcrumb
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small skillet, heat the sesame oil and cook the garlic over med-low heat, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the ground chicken, rice, bread crumbs, scallions, cilantro, ¼ cup chopped peanuts, sesame seeds, peanut butter, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, pepper, egg, and cooked garlic mixture (use your hands to gently mix the ingredients).
- Pat the mixture into a shallow 2-quart baking pan; spinkle the top with the remaining ¼ cup chopped peanuts.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, until the loaf is firm and the top is richly browned; let the meatloaf rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting into squares.