1/1 Photo of Sesame Chicken Skillet
Deb's Recipes's Note:
Don't miss this succulent braised chicken in deeply flavorful sesame ginger gravy. Serve it over rice for an easy and satisfying dinner. Adapted from a recipe by Becky Low.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced or 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 -1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup refrigerated sesame ginger salad dressing (see NOTE)
- 1 -2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1Combine flour, salt, and pepper; toss chicken with flour mixture to coat evenly.
- 2Heat a non-stick skillet then coat it with sesame oil; add garlic and chicken; fry until browned, stirring only infrequently; to keep chicken from sticking to skillet add a little broth as needed; place mushrooms on top of chicken and add 1/4 cup chicken broth; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes, adding chicken broth and stirring every few minutes as needed to keep chicken from drying and sticking to pan.
- 3At end of the 10-12 minutes braising time, stir in 1-3 tablespoons additional broth until sauce is preferred consistency; stir in Sesame Ginger dressing; serve over cooked rice; sprinkle each serving with toasted sesame seeds.
- 4NOTE: Sesame Ginger dressing may be found in the refrigerated salad dressing section of your grocery store ~ I found Litehouse brand Sesame Ginger Dressing & Sauce next to my store's fresh produce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Chicken Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.8
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 559.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 31.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sesame ginger salad dressing