Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Don't miss this succulent braised chicken in deeply flavorful sesame ginger gravy. Serve it over rice for an easy and satisfying dinner. Adapted from a recipe by Becky Low.
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced or 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup refrigerated sesame ginger salad dressing (see NOTE)
- 1 -2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper; toss chicken with flour mixture to coat evenly.
- Heat a non-stick skillet then coat it with sesame oil; add garlic and chicken; fry until browned, stirring only infrequently; to keep chicken from sticking to skillet add a little broth as needed; place mushrooms on top of chicken and add 1/4 cup chicken broth; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes, adding chicken broth and stirring every few minutes as needed to keep chicken from drying and sticking to pan.
- At end of the 10-12 minutes braising time, stir in 1-3 tablespoons additional broth until sauce is preferred consistency; stir in Sesame Ginger dressing; serve over cooked rice; sprinkle each serving with toasted sesame seeds.
- NOTE: Sesame Ginger dressing may be found in the refrigerated salad dressing section of your grocery store ~ I found Litehouse brand Sesame Ginger Dressing & Sauce next to my store's fresh produce.
The flavor here is nice. I used Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette Dressing" Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette Dressing instead of a purchased dressing and ended up having to thicken the chicken with some cornstarch so it was saucy instead of liquid. That is not the fault of this recipe however. I will try this again when I find the correct dressing. I also added some sliced green onions at the end for color. Thank you for sharing your recipe Deb!