Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
BJ's Brewhouse copycat recipe. From you next bbq, save a grilled breast and transform it into a salad! (Note: I prefer the chicken breast warmed.)
- 2 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon shredded red cabbage
- 2 ounces sesame dressing (recipe below)
- 4 ounces grilled chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper (diced 1/4 inch)
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 5 mandarin orange segments
- 1 cup fried wontons or 1 cup rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- For the Sesame Dressing: Mix well until sugar is dissolved.
- For the Salad: In large mixing bowl combine cabbage, carrots, red cabbage with sesame dressing and toss well. Place in serving bowl and top with grilled chicken, diced 1/2 inch, almonds, red bell peppers, fried wontons, green onions, mandarin oranges and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
I made this for Fall Pick 3. It was delicious. I did double the recipe to feed Hubs and myself. Simple, quick and filling. It was the perfect weeknight meal.