Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Another recipe found in my magazine. This seems like something you can prep before work and put together in a flash.
- 2 small carrots, peeled
- 2 (5 ounce) bags Baby Spinach
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin circles
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- chicken meat, Boneless, skinless from 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the carrots into long, thin ribbons.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, spinach,onion,sesame seed, and chicken.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, and oil.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss, and serve.
- TIP: Toast sesame seeds in a dry pan over medium heat, shaking the pan constantly, for 1-2 minutes. Watch them carefully, as they burn easily.
This is very good! I was a little worried about the dressing. Even though it's simple, it's quite tasty. I sort of expanded the ingredient list - I was very hungry when I made the salad, so I just added a bunch of things - red bell pepper, cucumbers, avocado and mini tomatoes - to what is listed here. I did take a picture, but forgot the sesame seed until afterwards, so it's not in the picture. I did add it before eating. I couldn't find baby spinach, so used a package marked "baby leaves", which seem to be a variety of leaf veggies. It's nice. Thank you very much for sharing this lovely recipe with us.